Essiac can be used to help support the Immune System, clean and detoxify the blood and vital organs, help prevent the onset of everything from colds to more serious health concerns. One unit (approx. 1.5 oz/43 gm) of Essiac Powder makes approx. 72 fl oz (2 liters) of Essiac.
The main botanicals in Essiac tea are Burdock root (Arctium lappa), sheep sorrel leaves (Rumex Acetosella), slippery elm inner bark (Ulmus fulva) and Indian rhubarb root (Rheum officinale).
Burdock Root (Arctium Lappa) – Used traditionally to help reduce mucus, maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract, stimulate a healthy immune response, for weak digestion, as a diuretic for water retention and to sweat out toxins through the skin. It has vitamin A and selenium to help reduce free radicals and its chromium content helps maintain normal blood sugar levels.
Sheep Sorrel (Rumex acetosella) – Used in traditional folk herbalism to cool the body, create sweating and detoxification through the skin; as a diuretic useful in maintaining a healthy kidney and urinary functions. It is rich in vitamins and trace minerals (ascorbic acid, mineral oxides, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, silicon and rutin. It is thought to nourish the glandular system.
Indian Rhubarb Root- (Rheum officinale) – Used traditionally in small amounts, this herb acts as a gentle laxative and helps purge the liver of toxic buildup and waste. It helps neutralize acids due to indigestion. Its malic acid also carries oxygen to all parts of the body, aiding in healing and promoting a positive and balancing effect upon the whole digestive system.
Slippery Elm Inner Bark (Ulmus Vulva) – North American species of tree, the bark of which is traditionally used in folk medicine because it contains large amounts of tannins and mucilages. One of the world’s best-known herbal remedies, believed to dissolve mucous deposits in tissue, glands and nerve channels. The inner bark, rich in calcium, magnesium, and vitamins A, B, C, K feeds and soothes organs, tissues and mucous membranes.
One unit (approx. 1.5 oz/43 gm) of ESSIAC® Powder, the original proprietary herbal formula, makes approx. 72 fl oz (2 liters) of ESSIAC®.
PREPARATION BY DECOCTION:
1. Add one unit of ESSIAC® to 88 oz (approx. 2.5 liters) of water in a covered vessel. Use filtered, distilled or spring water. Use stainless steel or glassware. Do not use an aluminum vessel.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
3. Remove from heat, keep covered and let stand for 4 hours to attain maximum potency.
4. Bring to a boil again and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
5. Remove from heat. Cover, refrigerate and let stand for 6-8 hours to increase potency and to allow the sediment to settle out.
6. Scald, or dishwasher clean, a glass (preferably use many twist closed preserve type jars) or plastic container. Pour liquid out of the sediment, close and store in a refrigerator. A small amount of sediment may be present in the final ESSIAC® liquid. Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze or microwave.
7. ESSIAC® is an organic, non-toxic, drug free herbal remedy which contains no additives or preservatives. The botanicals used in ESSIAC® have not been treated with herbicides or pesticides.
Daily Usage (Powder) Use ESSIAC® for twelve consecutive weeks.
2 oz. (60 ml) every 12 hrs.
2 fl oz-4 fl oz (60-120 ml) twice daily
1 fl oz. (30 ml) every 12 hrs. for daily well-being
1. No Food or Drink 1 Hour Before or After Taking ESSIAC®
2. Not to be taken by pregnant women, nursing mothers or infants.
Sediment: There will be sediment in the bottom of the vessel after the preparation. The sediment, when separated from the ESSIAC® can be applied topically like a poultice to that area of the body for skin problems or skin conditions, twice daily.
Do not take if you have kidney stones or arthritis or gastro intestinal disorders including intestinal obstruction or appendicitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, ulceative colitis. Do not use if you are allergic to plants of the Asteracear/Compositae/Daisy family. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes, if you take oral medication and/or if symptoms persist or worsen. Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Keep out of reach of children.